Monday, April 14, 2014

Waiting for the battery

I've been waiting for the battery before building the battery box, but it has not gone smoothly.  The promised delivery time of 7 to 8 weeks has become 11 weeks, the tracking number was entered incorrectly, and supposedly the battery is "now in customs".  I need to get started, the snow has finally melted down to just the banks and shady spots here, so I'll guess what the actual dimensions of the battery are, (they bulge out a little), and then hope the battery fits.  Maybe it will show up sometime in the next month or two, undamaged.  If I do much more of this, I'll probably start assembling the pouch cells into batteries myself.

The roads here have been good this spring, and I've been taking rides into the center through the winter, but not longer ones up to White River Junction.  I just don't want to get the bakfiets dirty...  
This isn't my road this year (thank you town road crew!),
the photo is from Fat Toad farm a couple of towns away in Brookfield.

Even riding in mid winter was rewarding, (and the mud is frozen).
Graph Credit: Knowledge Institute Mobility study, 2007

And of course it made me feel superhuman:
Cartoon credit: Stephan Pastis, Pearls Before Swine
Click on image to enlarge.

And riding along was much different than being in a car:
Abra CARdabra, take me home, Credit: Ryan North, www.qwantz.com
Click on image to enlarge.

Photo credit:  Catalin Olteanu


No comments:

Post a Comment